Is Your family falling apart?
If you're looking for family counseling to help keep your family together, I can help your family heal and live together more harmoniously.
- Maybe there is a child or other person in your family who takes up all your energy and attention and disrupts everybody else.
- Has there been an event or incident that's shocked your family and changed the way you relate to each other?
- Do you worry because you feel like you can't talk to your children any more? Or that they're out of control?
- Are you worried your child has an alcohol or drug problem or perhaps a mental illness? You may be afraid it will just get worse if you don't do something, but feel powerless to help and guilty too.
- You can't seem to stop wishing you could have a normal happy family like other people seem to. You wonder what you have done wrong as a parent.
'Family' should be one place where you all feel safe and connected, and everyone looks after everyone else. Right?
That's the ideal, but after years as a specialist family therapist and parent child counsellor, I've seen how complex and challenging family really life is. Kids don't come with a user manual, yet parents are expected to know how to handle everything that comes up.
The good news is, family therapy can help you:
- See and understand what's really going on, so you can 'unpick' patterns and behavior that are causing problems.
- Get over the hurt and shock of a traumatic incident, and get your family back to how it used to be.
- Understand why someone might be acting out and find out how to get that person back on track.
- Learn how to troubleshoot negative behaviours both now and in the future.
- Gain powerful parenting strategies, practical skills and proven techniques for handling children of all ages.
- Put an end to constant conflict and arguments, and move toward a healthy, nurturing and connected dynamic.
It's never too late – or too early – to heal your family.
Supported and effective child, parent or family counseling can make things better. I sometimes work with the whole family, sometimes with individuals, and often a combination of both. Start by calling or emailing to arrange a free 10 minute phone consultation.
Jacqueline McDiarmid is a child, parent and family Counsellor and Therapist in the Sydney CBD Sydney, NSW. She helps parents and families resolve communication problems and live together more harmoniously.