You can overcome the obstacles that stop you from having the life you want.
Whatever it is, counseling and psychotherapy can help…
- Perhaps you feel so anxious that everyday activity feels like a nightmare.
- You may notice that you’re numb or sad when you should be happy and excited.
Maybe you’ve been abused or deeply hurt either in the past or recently. Or, perhaps you can’t shake the feeling that you might have been?
- Struggles with fear, eating disorders, substance abuse or an unhealthy relationship might be taking over the rest of your life.
- Perhaps you find yourself in the same destructive patterns – or experiencing the same awful feelings – over and over again.
- Life may feel like a downward spiral you can’t control.
- Maybe you’re fooling everyone else – but not yourself? Outwardly successful and high achieving, but inwardly sad or losing your grip?
I began counselling to address issues that I had related to an abusive relationship I'd experienced in the past which was continuing from a distance in the form of harassment. I was being prompted by my circumstances to face what I had hoped would go away and wanted a ‘quick fix' solution. However, in time it became clear that this was not realistic and I was enabled to explore what had happened in depth. Rather than focusing on the negative components of my experiences, I began to appreciate what I had achieved and what a positive difference I had already made. Counselling gave me confidence in my ability to cope with the future regardless of the challenges that lay ahead.28 year old female
Your life doesn’t have to be so difficult. You can free yourself from what is holding you back and have a healthier, happier life.
I know how alone and scared you might feel, but 15 years as a therapist tells me you can move on and be happy – no matter what you are facing now.
- By working with you at unconscious (via psychotherapy) and conscious (via counselling) levels , I can help you make real and lasting changes in your life.
- Right from our first therapy session, you’ll get a better understanding of why you feel and act in certain ways.
- Through our counselling sessions, I’ll give you tools and practical strategies to help you respond more positively to those ‘same-old’ situations.
- You’ll learn how to look after yourself, make better decisions and think more positively about yourself, your relationships and your life.
- We’ll work together in a safe, constructive and results-orientated environment. At times you might even enjoy yourself!
The sooner you sort things out, the sooner you can move on and have the life you deserve. Call or email me to get started with a free, no-obligation 10-minute phone consultation.
Jacqueline McDiarmid is a Counsellor and Psychotherapist in the Sydney CBD, NSW. She helps people overcome a variety of fears and problems including anxiety, depression, trauma and relationship problems.